It's my responsibility to moderate comments, but honestly as long as I don't see curse words I normally approve them. What this reader proposed was some guidelines following the back and forth following the NMSU/UVU incident. It's really common sense, but sometimes in hot button issues like this, I think it's a good idea. I have even got caught up in it (That wont happen again). For 99 out of 100 comments, there isn't an issue, but I honestly think we can proceed without insulting a person's character. Debate, disagree, enjoy.
I will continue to post anon comments. Some feel the need to put a name behind your opinion, some don't. I saw a reader mention that. So give the guidelines a read, if you absolutely don't agree to something then we can discuss it, but I think it makes sense for everyone, including myself.
- Talk about topics and posts, not the people who post.
- Don't be unnecessarily inflammatory.
- Make your point and let people respond. Try to avoid the need to repeat your opinion if another comment disagrees with your original post.
- If you wouldn't say it to someone's face sitting around a table in a crowded, friendly room, don't say it here.
- No profanity or d*sguised profanity