Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Menzies: Shocked if Bhullar doesn't play by next week

Marvin Menzies said injured sophomore center Sim Bhullar did some light jogging for the first time on Monday. It was the first time Bhullar has got any running in since injuring his right foot on Dec. 28 against South Alabama. Menzies called Bhullar a game time decision for Thursday's WAC game against Bakersfield, saying Bhullar is close but more likely to play next weekend in road games at Idaho and Seattle.

"He started doing some jogging. I think it's going to go all the way up until Thursday. A lot right now is how he feels. We don't want to irritate it to the point that we would have to sit him again. He was just doing excercises and treatment. ... If he doesn't play this weekend, I would be shocked if he's not ready for next weekend. ... I would have never imagine Chili and Renaldo playing 40 minutes each in the same game."

DK Eldridge said he's recovered after hurting his ankle and knee against Chicago State and then bumping knees that caused him to leave Saturday's victory over UTPA.

"I was good after that," Eldridge said.

Eldridge seems to have leveled off a little as a JUCO player.
"Coach Menzies was telling me to be patient and that my time is coming, I'm developing still," Eldridge said. "It's difficult losing on the road where we don't have as many fans as we have at home. By being New Mexico State, I think we are getting a team's best every game. I think we need to focus more and have a different mindset going into the game. ... I think coming out with energy is a big part. We tend to lack coming out with intensity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope they have Sim on a cardio program thats able to get him fully adjusted. Its not just about his foot, its about his overall body and keeping up on a fast paced court. As it is, he was looking overweight and tired into 12mns of full-on play before the injury. Put the hoagie down!

Sean W
'95