Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bandja Sy dunk via AggieVision



Here are a couple more of Bandja's greatest hits. I assume the reason Friday's dunk didn't show up on SportsCenter was that the game was nowhere to be found on TV. He was on Top 10 as a sophomore and a junior.





People are going to remember this dunk. Rightfully so. But hopefully Friday's game gets Sy going this season.

Sy was shooting 18 percent from 3 and 30 percent from the field before Friday's game. He was 6-8 from the floor and 2-2 from 3-point range. He's been good defensively and he will continue to be, but it was good to see him score. I think Sy needs to be in the 15-18 ppg neighborhood. When Sy gets going early, it's always seemed to get him going. He scored NMSU's first two points at the foul line and then tipped one in, all in the first three minutes.

"I know I can do it. It's not anything exceptional. It gets the team going and the crowd. Offensively I have to produce too. I have to get good shots early on  the clock, closer to the basket before I take the 3s. I just kept going to the gym. I was there late lastnight shooting. I just stay ready. I know it's going to fall eventually."

Marvin Menzies on Sy.
"He played within himself. He let the game come to him. The shot selection was good tonight. He did a good job in all aspects of the game."




Daniel Mullings took 8 stitches, diving for a loose ball, imagine that. Apparently he hit his head on the court, biting through his lip in the process. I was told that he could have returned to the game so he wasn't concussed.

"He took some stitches above the eye and on the lip," Menzies said. "I probably wouldn't have put him back in. Any other contact wouldn't have been good. He needs to heal up. We will see where it goes."


No comments: