Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hoops notes

Previous posters have mentioned the possible departure of Chris Gabriel. I came to find out that it is indeed a possiblity, another player who if he does leave, I don't see his leaving as making a major impact on the win loss record. ... But it looks as if Wendell McKines will either miss part of or end up redshirting next season after grades came out. Either way, Wendell was on the verge of a monster junior year and he still will be if he redshirts. Obviously it means that Gillenwater would see his minutes increase, which I think was what caused him to play up and down and land in Menzies' doghouse. Where I think Wendell will be missed the most other than the boards, is his leadership. It seemed like to me Wendell and J.Y. were developing as the vocal leaders on that team as sophomores. ... Spoke with women's coach Darin Spence briefly. He said he hopes his assistant coach job will be posted sometime this week and filled by mid June. He's looking for someone with experience like a head coach at a smaller program who knows how to run and build a program. The new assistant would replace Joel Washington and develop players, recruit among other responsibilities.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do you guys gave job applications? I would love a blog!

Anonymous said...

This has the potential to really blow up. You are making me nervious.

If Gabriel goes, and McKines doesn't make grades, that basically leaves Rahman/Gillenwater to man the paint. Remember-West is no lock this year. LSU wouldn't even take the risk on him becasue of academics. That is 3 gaping holes on my depth chart I posted in your Gomez post.

Anonymous said...

Whats the possibility that Wen is gonna RS? Can he take summer classes to become eligible? Is he not gonna RS and just sit out a few games? I need some answers.

Anonymous said...

Word from the grapevine Wen has little to no chance at playing this year.

Anonymous said...

We need a NEW COACH,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anonymous said...

We NEED fans that are not stupid.

Jason Groves said...

Anon 11:27 p.m., I have the same feeling about Wendell that Anon at 6:24 a.m. talks about. My understanding is that McKines situation needs more to fix than just taking a couple summer classes.