Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Las Cruces HIgh

I know it's a high school post, but I have heard Las Cruces High will announce Mike Smith's replacement as boys basketball coach this week. The Bulldawgs interviewed seven candidates on Monday. Some names that I have heard mentioned are current assistant and former Aggie William Benjamin, current Gadsden assistant coach Saul Perez, Del Norte's Gerome Espinoza and former Las Cruces High assistant and Hatch and Mesilla Valley head coach Claude Gobble. It's a good prep job that appears to have attracted some quality candidates.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a former Cruces High player, I feel that Benj should get the gig. He's been around the program for years and the players love him. Plus he's one of the best Aggies ever. I know that shouldn't matter but it does to me. Haha.
JM

Anonymous said...

Former NMSU's Aggie Louis Richardson died. He averaged 18 ppg, and 7 rpg during his two years at NMSU. He played at NMSU from 1996-1998.

Anonymous said...

So why nothing on the death of Louis Richardson. I mean Albuqueruqe, and El Paso media mentions it, but nothing from Las Cruces. What a joke you people are.

Anonymous said...

anything new on N'Doye, McKines, or Aggie basketball?

Anonymous said...

The blog is about Las Cruces High school new basketball coach, not NMSU aggies! Benj was the wrong choice, expect L.C basketball to continue to under achieve.

Anonymous said...

I was goggling Las Cruces New Mexico and I found a great website with 360 Virtual Tours of the entire town. More specifically New Mexico State University.

http://www.viewlascruces.net

Las Cruces Photos and Pictures Here

Anonymous said...

Check it out. I found a virtual Tour of LCHS on this site.

http://www.viewlascruces.net

LCHS School Tour