Thursday, October 9, 2008

Women's poll

I believe the preseason media poll/all-conference teams are going to come out next Tuesday but here is the poll that I sent in.
I think 3-5 could have gone in any order and perhaps Utah State and even San Jose State could jump up in the mix. I'm interested to see what changes you would make

Boise State, I think they might have the two best guards in the conference.
Fresno State, Their best players are young. I don't know if they can shoot the 3 at the same pace as they did last year (262 3s) though
New Mexico State, Talented but young. Tyshae Walton is a key I think. We know what she can do in transition but i think she will need to be able to knock down open shots consistently. Madison Spence should also carry more of the scoring load. Newcomers Tabytha Wampler and Areyal LeDeatte and sophomore Danisha Corbett should contribute.
Louisiana Tech, I remember that Shanavia Dowdell was hard to guard in the WAC Tournament, but now she will be without JoKeirra Sneed in the paint. I remember Tiawana Pringle as being a capable guard.
Nevada. Guard Dellena Criner was second in the league in scoring last year.
Hawaii
Utah State
San Jose State
Idaho. I would have picked Idaho higher, but Katie Madison took her 14 points and seven rebounds elsewhere.


Player of the Year Tasha Harris, Boise State
All WAC team
Dowdell. La Tech
Criner. Nevada
Ross. Fresno State
Madison Spence. New Mexico State

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree. Boise and Fresno have to be the favorites but I'll tell you know, Coach Spence will have this team knocking on the door of a title.

Let's not give those Boise guards that title JG. Madi Spence & Tyshae Walton or Danisha Corbett are as good as any in the WAC. At 5'11, Spence has great size to run a team, which she proved last year leading a group of older players to the 3rd best season in program history and she can SHOOT!

Niki Holt needs to stay healthy and have a good year.

It will be a fun year for this team.

Anonymous said...

This should be an exciting season for our team.

The WAC is a guard league this year and I see us having the guards the compete and wins games.

Let's all get out to the Pan Am and help our team.